Friday, September 20, 2013

Thursday, New Moon, Sept. 19th

Big fat moon.
Big fat ideas.

I had great breakout ideas for three projects on my plate. For the day book, the night book, and the next day book. I can't remember how long it's been since I've had an ahah moment, let alone three on the same day. This bodes well for the retreat that starts tomorrow.

It is interesting to note that all three epiphanies came while I was doing physical work around the house, not sitting at the computer. So I'm going to make sure the weekend has a lot of physical movement for me too.

If Rock hadn't been so  wiped out from his day job, he might have noticed that he got a home cooked meal--the first one in ages--and homemade chocolate chip cookies when he got home. I'm ashamed to say I can't remember the last meal I cooked for the three of us. I seem to only prepare special things when all the kids are here together. My bad.

Also, the cookies are not as innocent as they looked. I packed them up and hid them for the big rivalry game on Saturday. I'll be away, but I'll take a minute to call home, to make my six Ute fans sing "Rise and shout, the Cougars are out," or I won't tell them where they are. Cougar cookies. And they'll want them in spite of the name, I guarantee it. I used to work for Mrs. Fields once upon a time. Heh heh heh.

So, it's time to get the suitcase packed and get some major words written. We typically try for 20k for these three day retreats, that is, when we're not trying to write an entire novel in 3 days. (Yes, we do that sometimes.) So I'm hoping to come home with the 20k and with the first drafts of two projects off my plate.

And from now on, no pussy footing around. I'll keep an edit count and a new word count from now on. So help me. It seems to help. Accountability and Shame are my best friends this year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment