Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday, Sept. 26

Sorry there was nothing yesterday. My daughter had a pulmonary embolism and the world turned upside down. I'm the only grandma, so I had her two-year-old twins and the newborn.

It's been pretty crazy here, but at least my daughter is still with us. Looks like I'm going to be taking care of her and her 3 daughters for the next month, during the day. Working writing and editing into my day is going to be hard, but I'm still determined to do it. I can't be too adamant about my deadlines, however, until I know just how much of my day is going to be mine.

I am incredibly thankful to God for sparing her. She has a saddle embolism, and I'm told it is rare indeed to survive one. Most people never make it to the doctor. But now that they've caught it and started thinning her blood, her chances are good. All prayers on her account can be cashed in at the Pearly Gates, of course.

Come on, people. Let's not forget we've got work to do. Life is short. Don't let those stories go untold.

3 comments:

  1. What a crappy thing for your daughter to have to deal with. She's so young! What a blessing she survived it and is getting treatment. And you're a wonderful mother. She's in my prayers, and you are too. Call me if you get a chance to chat. I don't dare call you and take away from your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you big, big hugs. Your family is definitely in my prayers. Remember to cut yourself some slack during this stressful time. The last thing those beautiful babies need is to have both mama AND grandma out of action! The writing will still be there. And, after a little time away from editing, the stories will look even better than when you first wrote them -- they always do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending healing prayers to you and yours and hope for a fast and complete recovery. Hold your daughter and those babies close. Love heals.

    ReplyDelete