Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9th, and a pause...

Today was another hectic day that got away from me. My biggest accomplishment was again, getting everyone within the sound of my voice bathed, fed, warm enough, cool enough, and happy enough to keep the crying at the minimum.

So much for getting a running start at the weekend.

Tomorrow, I'll be headed to Deer Valley for the annual Romance Writers of America local conference. A few friends and I are headed up early, it being Thursday, so we can stretch our little party as far as possible without raising the suspicions of our families. The best part about the conference is a thing we call The Kiss It and Send It Ceremony. If you're curious, you can find the blog with the ceremony script here. We end up bungling it badly--every time--and having a grand yearly laugh.

I'm going to be editing while I'm there, I so swear. But I say that every year.
I'll meet you back here on Monday night and confess my # of pages edited. Please realize anything over ten will be an accomplishment.

You've got lots of prep time. What are you going to accomplish this weekend? Give yourself some sort of goal, for pity's sake. Let's impress ourselves, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment