Friday, August 2, 2013

August 1, 2013

*If you're new, please read the challenge in the left margin. You may want to read the first post as well.

HAPPY DAY 1 OF THE CHALLENGE

How did you do? And if you haven't yet, feel free to set your daily goals now.

My goal was 4000 words.
I ended with 3096. I'll have to make up the difference this weekend, when I wasn't planning on writing at all. A thousand words will take an entire hour out of my weekend. Absolutely painless.

I'm 8446 into my project. I have no idea how long it will take to tell this story, but it is a fun one to write, so motivation is not a problem.

I could blame my low count on a bunch of things, but basically, I wouldn't find it so easy to stop short of my goal if it wasn't so late--or rather, early. It's 3:12 my time and I know another hour will mess with my ability to function tomorrow. I should have started MUCH MUCH earlier. I'm going to have to keep trying to get my butt in the chair by 9 pm at the latest if I haven't gotten any writing in during the day.

What about you? Do you know your productive hours? Are you brave enough to change your schedule to free up those hours? And if you do need to adjust, are you going to do it slowly? Or go whole hog?

I wish I could write during the day. And I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow. It would be great to be like a normal human and unwind with a little TV at night. I love the seclusion and the absolute focus, but it's getting a little lonely. (I've been writing late at night for most of the year, btw.) I wish I could have others around while I write, but I'm afraid they'd have to be duct taped to their chairs, gagged, and blindfolded in order for me to still work...

Feel free to post your progress/goals/frustrations in the comments. After all, what is Hell's Kitchen if you can't gripe in front of the camera now and then?

YAWP!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I stay up past 11:00, I am absolutely no good the next day. I write more words in the evening from about 7 to 10 which is ironic because that's usually when my family wants my attention. But if they're off doing stuff, I get a lot done. It might be because I've warmed up by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family never wants my attention until I sit down at the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete