Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday, August 25, Writing Partners

All my brownie points go to Supe for today's word count.

She called and said we would be writing for the next four hours. She didn't ask. (Well, she kinda did.) But she didn't intend to let me out easily. She's even got my husband trained. When her phone number shows up on the TV screen, he resigns himself to the fact he's about to be abandoned.

Some days, you need someone to drag you, kicking and screaming, to your computer. Someone to threaten you if you get out of the chair. I wouldn't recommend handing this role to your spouse. Even the best of marriages don't weather nagging very well.

So find someone, if you haven't got one--someone who has the same writing goals as you, who has the same...intensity, for lack of a better word. Supe and I work well together because we are not good friends otherwise. When we get together, we talk writing, not shopping. We're in the same position in life, with grown kids and husbands who don't need their hands held too often. Neither of us are working traditional jobs. All I can suggest is that you find someone like you.

Today, she saved my writer-self-esteem. One of these days, I'm going to get her back--I mean pay her back--I mean do the same for her. But thanks to Supe, I was able to enjoy the rest of the days with the fam and not be consumed with guilt for watching a little TV.

Of course, the whole time I was watching that TV, I half expected her phone number to pop up, and my ring tone to turn into the shark music from Jaws.

So. Thanks to Supe, and four hours of writing on Dr. Wicked (with a few interruptions) I turned in a solid 3105 words!

Of course it's not so impressive when you look at my totals. But I think the moon phase had a little something to do with this past week, as I've mentioned before. According to some theories, this past week, (ECO week), that starts with the full moon, is the one week a month with both low focus and low energy. This coming week should bring high focus at least. I expect to get a lot of fine tuning done.

Totals:
Week: 8926 (I'm shocked it was that much)
Month to date: 51,106

What are the chances I can write 30k in the next four days while packing for a small vacation with 15 people? I don't know. The Dragon might be able to do miracles, right?

What are your totals this week, or this month, compared to the last? Are you headed in the right direction? Or do you think the moon sucked your will to do much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm up. Is it too early to call? Cue Jaws music. (Da da. Da da...) Brownie points made me smile. I made brownies after we finished. =) As for the thanks, back at ya. =)

    ReplyDelete