Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's 3:10 am. I'm calling it quits at 3400 words.

I finished the early chapters of a Thriller proposal. Tomorrow I'll write the dreaded synopsis and send it off.
THEN I'll get back to the business of writing and editing on Thursday. I'm going to have to go back and add up what I've done so far this week, but I know already that I am behind schedule.

I will NOT be making up for low days. I think that's a punishment we can choose not to inflict upon ourselves in an industry where every word should be celebrated. Every word requires so much song and dance just to produce.

The song and dance: seeing the chair, avoiding the chair, sitting in the chair but doing things other than writing and editing. You know, the song and dance.

But the song and dance would be a lot easier if we could program ourselves to sit down, turn on the computer, and open up our current work file BEFORE we look at anything else. I suggest you try to build this habit, as I am trying. Some days it really works! And that, my friends, is worth trying.

Goodnight.
[Enter lullaby here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment