Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

The beginning of a new week.

Project is at  27,405
Week 1:       11,686
Week 2:       14,997

At least I am headed in the right direction. I have high hopes that week three I will finally hit the goal of 20,000. Since I do not need that much to finish the current project, Isobelle, I will be switching projects in the middle of the week.

My goal does not include editing, which I will do on non-writing time. I'm trying to get my words/scenes done earlier  in the day so I might feel like a normal human in the evening. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I blow it. Most of the time, I forget to fight for my writing time. If I write a little in the morning, there is no one around to fight with.

What elephant are you trying to consume this week? And how big are the bites?

I wound up leaving town for a chunk of time today, so I didn't get started until about 5pm. Then I only got one 1 hour session in with Supe. Our schedules didn't sync up for the rest of the day. I ended up doing the rest after a short nap* at 8 pm.

UPDATE:
I did three one hour sessions on Dr. Wicked.
1271
1284
1095 for a total of 3650
But I couldn't just leave it there, so close to my goal.
I thought I'd get back into the document, not use Dr. Wicked, and crank out another 350.
It took me 45 minutes to come up with the next chunk of 511. If I would have gotten back on Dr. Wicked, it would have taken less time. That doesn't seem like much unless you're talking about dipping into sleeping time. ;)

So
GRAND TOTAL FOR THE DAY: 4161 
PROJECT NOW STANDS AT: 31556
Hit my goal. It's only the first day of the week, but I'm on track to reach the 20k goal by Friday night.

*as for that nap...
I lied down at 8 and was handed a new series idea. Fully formed. In about 2 minutes, the entire thing was downloaded into my brain, from who knows where. (THEN I was able to sleep) It's in a genre I've never touched before, but this really must be written. Really. Must. Be written. I love it when that happens. It means the energy will stay high while I'm writing it. And they will be very short, so they'll go quickly. In addition, this writing challenge gives me hope that all my series will be finished much sooner than they could have otherwise. And finishing things is the name of the game, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment