Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14, 2013 Wednesday

Besides juggling family issues, I got a few things done for the business end of things.
I found a font for Keefer Boone, my middle grade novel that I'm putting out under a pen name.
I also wrapped up the first draft of Isobelle, so tomorrow I start editing that.
And I wrote 1126 words on my next project. For now, I'm calling it NOW.
Isobelle stands at just under 36,000 words.
NOW stands at 1126.

And this is all just a round about way of confessing that I missed my goal today. Not only did I NOT write 5k, I didn't write the original goal of 4k.

I have no excuse. But here is the thing. If I was not going to hit my goal, I wish I would have known ahead of time so I could have enjoyed a relaxing day. But if I give up early, say I'm going to take the day off, then I'm worried I would have been capable of hitting that goal had I only put in a little effort.

I'm a basket case.
I'm going to bed early here at 1. I should write for two more hours and crank out 3000 more words, but...

Nope.
Hope you had a better day. Brag away.


2 comments:

  1. I hit 2008 words yesterday. And I had to laugh at myself when it felt like a fail. A few days ago I'd have counted it as a win. LOL. I'm finding it's a lot more FUN to write fast. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'd have been pleased to have gotten anything down too.
    So let's be pleased.
    Tomorrow, we can be pleased-er.

    ReplyDelete